Thursday, September 16, 2010

2.9-2.11 due Septamber 17th

Well, the idea of a code that is completely unbreakable is interesting, but I guess that I just don't see how it can be implemented securely. I mean if you make the random key when you encode the message, then you have to transmit the key so that the message can be decrypted right. So why can't Eve intercept the key right along with the cipher text? And if you have some other way of generating a random key (like it talked about with the satellites), even if you did implement it so that both parties generated the same key simultaneously (which seems very dicey to me), how can we guarantee that Eve didn't know our method for key generation and and thus get the key herself?
Also, I didn't get much of anything out of section 11. I couldn't even figure out what the point was.

No comments:

Post a Comment